Tuesday 19 December 2006

Here we go then!

This is my first blog which I have been coaxed into writing in order to get a few things off my chest. As a foreigner in a different land, you soon notice how local people can act in certain unique ways. This blog is dedicated to the country famous for Geisers, Glaciers, Fish wars, Björk and Magnus Magnusson, and the people who live here. I hope it's an enjoyable insight into Iceland and it's population.

This blog's name comes from the question all foreigners hear sooner rather than later upon arriving in the country. "How do you like Iceland?" is a knee-jerk question which is asked almost instinctively after finding out you are new to the country. I would go on, but i feel a blog post coming up about this in the near future.... I still can't believe no-one else has snapped the name up yet!

Feel free to leave comments, and or ideas for further posts. Just remember it should all be light hearted -I don't want to start another Fish war ;-)

5 comments:

Fríða said...

I haven't even read the post. Just wanted to be the first one to comment.

So, how Do you like Iceland Tom?

howdoyoulikeiceland said...

That's a loaded question! :)

Bonnie Conquest said...

So, who are you Tom?

howdoyoulikeiceland said...

Just an English guy who's been posted to a construction project in East Iceland. (You don't need to guess hard to find out which one!) Don't get me wrong, I love the place and the people here. As a foreigner though, you soon pick up little observations that seem bizarre or strange, but are not to the locals. The whole blogging thing just asked to be tried out really.

Paula Mastop Bentes said...

PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!

Hey Guys!!!Am so happy I got mine from Mike Fisher. My blank ATM card can withdraw $2,000 daily. I got it from Her last week and now I have $14,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .I am really happy i met Mike Fisher because i met two people before her and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Mike Fisher sent the card through DHL and i got it in two days. Get your own card from her now she is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card,She is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Mike Fisher because she changed my story all of a sudden . The card works in all countries except, Mali and Nigeria. Mike Fisher email address is blankatm002@gmail.com